- Reference: LK44624
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Production
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Operations Manager with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the manufacturing operations function, this includes managing Production Managers and Operations Analyst in accordance with policies and procedures to implement and carry out company goals providing direction/guidance to ensure that expectations and goals are clear and understood.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Progress short, medium and long term objectives for the production function to maintain overall company goals and objectives.
- Source & lead a team responsible for the manufacture & shipment of medical devices
- Work directly with other functions, particularly Quality & Engineering to build successful relationships which facilitate achievement of Manufacturing functional objectives as well as overall objectives.
- Pursue manufacturing best practise with an emphasis on continuous improvement to determine what can be learnt and implemented to foster an efficient operation.
- Review processes to proactively identify areas where systems can be strengthened & direct Operations Analyst in their implementation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality system policies & procedures and participate in and facilitate internal and external audits.
- Ensure full compliance with Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures within manufacturing area. Encourage appropriate investigation of issues and help instil a culture of shared responsibility to ensure safety of all.
- Generate training and development plans, carryout performance appraisals, deal with performance related issues & act as a point of escalation where necessary to support direct reports.
- Mentor & train direct reports to facilitate achievement of functional goals & objectives.
- Ensure excellent communication channels are maintained across all teams within the Production function, and that all relevant information is disseminated appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Act as a designee for the Director of Operations for Change Control review per Quality System Procedures.
- Make sure the Code of Conduct is considered in all business issues.
- Third level degree in a relevant field of study and/or relevant management experience at a senior level, in a complex, multi-disciplined environment.
- Ideally exposed to Lean Manufacturing, with Six Sigma green or black belt would be advantageous.
- Understanding of commercial implications of Production management, including experience of financial planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of medical device quality standards ISO13485/FDA practices and GMP or similar regulated industry standards.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft® Office.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Strong business systems knowledge and experience working closely with IT and Finance.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement improvement opportunities using structured project management techniques.
- Excellent organisational and team building skills.
- High self-motivation.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270