- Reference: LK44506-8
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Title: Electronics Procurement Specialist
Location: Limerick/ Clare
My client is looking to recruit an Engineer with an interest in component sourcing, procurement and New Product Introduction. This role will work cross functionally with different Business Units at their Mid-West base.
- Collaborate with design teams throughout the development of products.
- Manage the Bill of Materials cost through to when the product launches.
- Identify new suppliers locally and from low cost base companies.
- Encourage a design to value thought process to the design and development team.
- Carry out cost benefit analysis on new product/ component sourcing.
- Agree and negotiate pricing and SLA’s as needed and in conjunction with the legal division of the company.
- Increase efficiencies when and where possible in relation to sourcing and design team.
- Create SOP’s in relation to buying of material to make the process transactional in accordance with the company ERP system.
- Bachelor’s Degrees in an Engineering discipline.
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong track record of dealing with the unknown and collaborating across teams.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement techniques.
- Proven and strong negotiation skills.
- Experience in the Electronics Industry.
- Need to have experience in sourcing/ procurement/ Supply Chain.
- Demonstrated record of meeting deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this exciting Engineering/ Procurement role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion please call Ben on 061 512 270.