- Reference: LK44908
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Work with Quality, Service and Manufacturing groups to investigate and correct design deficiencies and component obsolescence in existing diagnostic instruments.
- Prepares cost estimates and design products to meet criteria.
- Performs the design of major mechanical subsystems.
- Hold design assessments for modules and subsystems.
- Participate in design reviews of other team members.
- Utilize Design for Six Sigma and other structured processes to ensure robust product performance and predictable project execution.
- Completes design projects within established schedules and budgets.
- Interacts closely with software, systems, and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
- Generates engineering drawings and specifications to division standards.
- Conforms to the requirements of ISO and cGMP standards for the design and development of medical devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or associated discipline required with a minimum of 3 years engineering experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing high duty cycle automated equipment including robotics, small part conveyance, component manipulation/assembly, machine vision, pneumatic actuators and control systems required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of solid modelling CAD applications with large assemblies.
- Strong technical judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience using Solidworks and/or Autodesk Inventor.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270