- Reference: CJ44427
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Kerry, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our client is currently recruiting for the role of a Mechanical Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to develop systems and processes for our new production facility in Tralee, Co. Kerry.
Duties & responsibilities
- Project manage the installation of mechanical equipment, pipework and valve systems in a new facility.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities to ensure installation meet legal and planning requirements.
- Production of detailed schematics.
- Work with quality control, service and manufacturing departments in the design of processes that ensure product quality meet the requirements of HACCP.
- Liaise with Suppliers on new machines and components as required.
- Complete design projects on schedule and on budget.
- Liaise with electrical engineering functions in the company to develop systems that allow for full automation control.
- Review existing processes to improve productivity and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Troubleshooting problems and optimize plant performance.
- Project management and control.
- Ability with AutoCAD and solid works is essential, ideally proficient in solid works.
- Managing a multi-disciplinary installation team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent ability to read and interpret drawings and as built visualisation.
- Manage the revision of drawings to produce the as built drawings.
- Excellent trouble-shooting, analytical and problem solving skills, strong root cause analysis and risk assessments skills, with a strong attention to detail.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified mechanical engineer/chemical
- Minimum of 5 years’ design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing is desirable
- Will have worked on the installation of process plant/equipment.
- Will have managed medium to large scale multi discipline installation teams.
- Will have managed project material procurement.
- Ideally experience in the food, pharma, process industry sectors.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!