- Reference: 45429
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Laois, Leinster, Westmeath
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer with one of their clients in County Laois.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Sole responsibility for the entire engineering function.
To perform in all aspects of the business including design engineering, 3D modelling, drawing creation, reverse engineering, component selection and project management.
- To participate in the planning and execution of product development projects, and support technical aspects of product commercialisation.
Accountable for the on time delivery of accurate designs to the manufacturing team.
Accountable for key operations issues, deliverables within the (PDP).
Responsible for the application of methodologies such as Six Sigma and LEAN to identify, validate and improve defect sources in the manufacturing of your design.
Accountable for the quality assurance check of the final product before delivery to the customer.
Reporting to the Managing Director/ Floor Manager with any unachievable or awkward requests.
Responsibility of internal and external paperwork.
Mechanical Engineer Desireable Skills and Experience:
- A demonstrated track record of validating designs for existing products and for new products preferably using Solidworks. Use of design systems essential.
A strong record of working closely with the manufacturing team and prior management experience including the following; process management involving a collection of technologies and methods used to define how products are to be designed manufactured and delivered. This will involve an in depth knowledge of the manufacturing process, performance analysis, quality assurance and product compliance.
- Experience with industrial engineering processes including cycle times and estimates, process flow, line layout and capacity planning.
Strong Project Management skills/experience in manufacturing process from concept to delivery.
Qualified to Degree Level (L8) in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years experience of engineering in an agricultural or HGV environment.
- Holding a certificate in Lean is preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your CV to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!