- Reference: AJ42658
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin North, Leinster, Other
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
This is a key position in the company and the candidate will be responsible for the successful mechanical design of various projects.
As Mechanical Design Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
Mechanical design of water, wastewater and industrial plant installations from Concept Stage through to Detail Design, including the generation of Bills of Material and for-construction drawings.
- Prepare outline and detailed design documents, specifically; Plant Design, Pipe Sizing Calculations, Pump Calculations, Process Equipment Calculations, Site Layouts, P&IDs, Process Flow Diagrams, Hazardous Areas drawings, Work Instructions, Method Statements, As-built surveys & documentation.
- Evaluate specified or proposed mechanical plant in the context of performance, quality, reliability and cost. Make recommendations to the Projects, Manufacturing and Purchasing teams.
- Review project design proposals to ensure that client specifications and 3rd Party requirements are met.
- Review documents produced by external consultants to ensure conformance with Company Policies and Objectives, accepted standards, and appropriate engineering policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the Mechanical Engineering function in interactions with internal and external clients in the areas of Procurement, Manufacturing, Installation, Testing, Commissioning, Client handover.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation on design changes and requests.
- Plan and execute design projects in a timely manner, maintain focus on multiple, concurrent design projects if required.
- Help drive continuous improvement activities within Engineering & Construction/ Installation.
Knowledge skills & experience- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Hold a relevant BEng (Hons) or MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering (or relevant equivalent) with 5 years post graduate experience.
- Experience in the design and specification of MEICA plant.
- Design Project management experience is very desirable including evidence of commercial awareness and day-to-day experience in dealing with other technical and commercial teams.
- Knowledge and Experience of documentation control systems; Checking and Approval, Revision Control, Transmittal recording, red-lining procedures, etc.
- Experience in the Water/ Wastewater sector is an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!