- Reference: LK45046
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Kerry, Limerick
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Sampling, Testing and continual R+D on Raw Materials with Evaluation and Reporting of Results
- Design and execution of appropriate tests, troubleshooting and monitoring of materials performance
- Diagnosing Faults/Problem Solving
- Design, development and evaluation of joining processes between diverse materials
- Perform other assigned tasks as directed by your Manager
- Setting up experiments to understand performance effects
- Prepare technical documentation in clear and concise terms in accordance with good engineering practice.
- Liaise closely with the R&D, Purchasing, Quality, Sales and Marketing functions through the product development lifecycle.
- Liaising with suppliers, customers, external testing providers and management
- Communicate regular and accurate updates on project deliverables to the project leader
- Stay up-to-date on industry standards, government regulations and new developments in materials science & engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Materials Engineering with 2 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Analytical and methodical approach to work
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Experience in polymers a distinct advantage
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270