- Reference: LK44548-2
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Title: Materials Engineer
Our client one of the world’s largest manufacturers in the Life Science industry are seeking a Materials Engineer to join their team in Limerick for a 2-year contract. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly automated fast moving production site and gain exposure to some of the most advanced manufacturing technologies in the world today
Provide leading role in project delivery of Raw Materials related projects, with particular emphasis on packaging related materials and processes, as part of the Technical Operations – Consumer Medical Devices – Materials and Supplier Engineering team.
The Senior Materials Engineer (Raw Materials) will be responsible for identifying, leading and delivering materials related engineering projects as part of strategic initiatives in Business Continuity Planning, Cost Improvement Projects and Supplier Quality, in a medical device environment and applying Engineering and Materials knowledge to relevant manufacturing processes both external and internal to optimize end to end manufacturing processes, collaborating with Source, Procurement, R&D, Engineering and Operations functions to ensure optimum manufacturing processes in terms of Quality, Service and COGS.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ownership for projects in the area Materials Development
- High level understanding of Materials manufacturing processes – specifically packaging materials
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Responsible for the identification, evaluation, planning, organizing, execution, and coordination of quality, delivery and value improvement projects at key, strategic materials suppliers.
- Implementation of cost effective manufacturing solutions to drive end to end manufacturing efficiencies in partnership with Source and strategic suppliers
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimize lifecycle cost
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Project management response
For more infor call Ben on 061 512274 or send your CV to email@example.com
Also check out our Engineering Recruitment Open Days on http://www.collinsmcnicholas.ie/job/engineering-recruitment-open-day/