- Reference: SJ45336
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
The field based Materials Controller is responsible for carrying out several tasks at multiple customer sites across the North West and West region, including inventory management & metric review, purchasing, receiving, storeroom management, product delivery, chemical tracking, waste management, project management, and general customer services activities. Reporting and customer interaction is typically of a routine nature. The Utilities Materials Controller requires knowledge and application of SAP, Stock Inventory Management System or equivalent systems, Excel and Power Point.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports multiple customer’s sites in a geographic area.
- Performs POU activity/Kanban cycle review
- Facilitates orders for consumable lab inventory replenishment; enters order into stock management system.
- Performs all customer site specific tasks, glass washing, hazardous waste management, monthly spill kit inspections, quarterly inspections of on site respirators with filter replacement, Detrashing and recycling metals and sharps and other agreed non- core customer activities as required as per relevant SOW and SOP’s.
- Receives inbound deliveries, Investigates and actions delivery discrepancies accordingly.
- PI Cycle counts & investigates PI count discrepancies.
- Deals with all customer requests for product Batch/Certs/COA/COC/MSDS.
- Assists in Cross training all other members of the team in specific area of expertise.
- Performs inventory management related functions such as reviewing Customer BOM, monitoring slow moving and provision stock, conduct cycle counting and yearly inventories, Reviews consumption and flag reports, etc. Increases revenue by controlling customer spend, provides daily customer service functions and interfaces with the customer relative to inventory management.
- Responds in a timely and efficient manner to customer enquiries and resolves inventory supply problems to the satisfaction of the customer.
- To create and develop on going business relationships with customers and to grow and develop new opportunities for the department’s range of products and services.
- Actively participates in creating continuous improvement initiatives programs for enhanced process improvements and service efficiencies.
- Responsible for handling hazardous material, maintaining Haz waste record keeping and preparing shipping documentation and packaging requirements as required. Responsible for handling and disposing of hazardous material as per customer SOP
- Responsible for recycling all packaging as per site policy as required.
- Interfaces directly with customer site lead, responsible for managing consigned, non-consigned, customer owned and 3rd party inventory onsite.
- Meets safety, performance and quality goals and objectives.
- WEEE waste collection and management off site as required
- Utilises basic computer systems, SAP, VSR+ and customer specific shipping systems in fulfilment of duties
- In conjunction with Manager, assist team members with multiple site specific projects, new service implementation projects and assist in the role out of efficiencies programs for enhanced process improvements and service efficiencies within the region.
- Nationwide Travel will be required on a regular basis.
- 2-3 years’ equivalent experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
- Previous experience in GMP/GDP manufacturing facilities is a plus
- Spilling containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma process improvement and project management a plus
- Cross referencing and inside sales experience a plus
- Valid drivers licence essential. Forklift certification a plus
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!