- Reference: GY45218
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Manufacturing Technician capable of utilizing their technical skills in the generation and development of Medical Device Products and Process Technologies.
- Works with the Kits and Vertebral production lines on a daily basis – reacting to issues and providing back up to engineer and production as required.
- Prepares test specimens/samples, adjusts and operates test or process equipment, and records test data, pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors.
- Generates Engineering Change Orders, protocols, reports and prototypes under broad direction.
- Installation and validation of process equipment and fixtures.
- Training relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
- Presents and implements solutions to process or product related issues, with technical advice from engineers or supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Ideally a minimum of two years medical device or related experience.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to problem solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- PC skills including standard offices packages.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad or Solid Works.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, SMED and 5S.
- Training in Six Sigma or other related disciplines is desirable.
- Experience in PLC’s, Electrical schematics, pneumatics, and CE Marking would be an advantage.
- Electrical installation / maintenance would be an advantage.
- Flexibility to travel as required (up to 10-20%).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edyta Fleming on 091706721 or email email@example.com.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!