- Reference: GY41019
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Galway, Galway city, Mayo
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Manufacturing Technician II
For more than 30 years, our client has advanced the practice of less-invasive medicine. The Company’s products help physicians and other medical professionals improve their patients’ quality of life by providing alternatives to surgery. Since 1994, employees in Galway have been at the forefront of some of these truly innovative medical device designs and manufacturing.
Due to continued expansion of our operations, we are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Manufacturing Technician II (6-12 months Defined Term- Nights/ Evenings).
- Part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Work on Electronic troubleshooting, PLC. programming, electronic hardware interfacing.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Assist ME’s in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Interface with a variety of BSIL personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Take responsibility for preventative maintenance procedures with an assigned process or area.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- HETAC Level 6 qualification, in a relevant Discipline.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a Manufacturing/ Process Technician role within a regulated industry.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Claire O’Donnell on 091-706717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!