- Reference: GY40937
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Galway City
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Manufacturing Technicians required for permanent contract responsible for performing various technical job functions necessary in new product or established manufacturing cells. Works with Engineers, CNC Programmers, Supervisors, and other professionals to address the technical issues in manufacturing cells.
- Works with technical personnel to addresses issues related to department machinery.
- Assists Engineers with determining and establishing optimal process sequences.
- Trains production operators as necessary to maintain material flow.
- Serves as technical expert within cell on relevant machinery.
- Works closely with programmer to verify program geometry including first article layouts (FAL’s).
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery problems as authorized.
- Communicated issued limiting optimal cell performance to Supervisor.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing instrumentation (e.g. micrometers, calipers, comparators, etc.) and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and blue-print reading.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing concepts and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees including production employees, management, and technical professionals.
- Should be able interpret engineering drawings.
- Certificate/ Diploma in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a similar technical discipline.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project;
- Statistical Process Control skills, Computer Aided Design Systems, and Unigraphics 3-D modelling software experience desirable