- Reference: GY43369
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway city, Mayo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our client is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician/Fitter who will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements. A significant feature of this role is to minimize equipment downtime thus optimizing overall plant performance.
As our Maintenance Technician/Fitter, your main Duties & Responsibilities will involve:
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with established H&S policies and procedures.
- Troubleshooting equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
- Maintain accurate data for analysis on equipment.
- Plan and co-ordinate all maintenance activities including preventative maintenance on plant, machinery and equipment in the Tuam site.
- Keep detailed records of all maintenance carried out on each piece of plant /equipment
- Take responsibility for and resolve any breakdowns (24/7) with production machinery to ensure they are back on-line as quickly as possible.
- Troubleshoot any equipment causing production efficiency problems in a swift and timely manner
- Support Engineering and Production personnel on continuous improvements and monitor equipment in order to recommend process improvements.
- Drive ongoing and preventative maintenance programmes.
- Working within a team and being flexible across the production facility
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance of machinery
- Completing all paperwork and documentation on jobs and service history records
- Take overall responsibility for all tool changes within the extrusion/roto process.
- Implement any changes approved by management to plant or equipment
- Take responsibility for handling and storage procedures to eliminate damage of moulds or other tooling / plant
As our Maintenance Technician/Fitter, your main Skills & Qualifications will include:
- A minimum of 3 years’ previous work experience as a maintenance technician/fitter and/or preventive maintenance management role, preferably in a manufacturing or construction environment
- Relevant third level qualification/certification at a Maintenance Engineer/Technician (Fitter) level or other relevant technical qualification
- Flexible to the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills – both fluent English verbal and written
- Good IT skills e.g. MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook,
- Hands on active approach
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Self-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to work early day and evening shift
- Ability to work on your own, and part of a larger team
- Strong Team player
- Results & Performance Driven
Normal office conditions. Travel/visits to other sites may be required. Attendance at exhibits and/or events may also be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.