- Reference: GY44059
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- Engineering support to assigned production lines ensuring products manufactured conform to quality standards and specifications.
- Responsible for initiating the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events.
- Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives.
- Offer technical support to the TPM team in all areas.
- Identify, gain approval and complete continuous improvement projects.
- Effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
- Compile and report equipment/line metrics for review.
- Prioritise issues in conjunction with production supervisors.
- Presents and implements solutions to process or product related issues.
- Installation and validation of process equipment and fixtures.
- Training relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
- Seeks technical advice from engineers or supervisor for complex problems.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline, or relevant trade qualification.
- 5 years’ experience in a related field.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- PC skills including standard offices packages.
- PLC programming experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Experience of automation an advantage.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, 8-Step problem solving and 5S.
- Training in Six Sigma or other related disciplines.
- Experience in PLC’s, Electrical schematics, pneumatics, and CE Marking.
- AutoCAD or Solid Works would be an advantage.
- Medical device experience would also be an advantage.
Contact ConsultantRequest a Call Back
view salary guide
2016 was another good year for job growth in Ireland. Over the course of the year, unemployment dropped from 8.9% to 7.2%, to reach an eight year low. Foreign Investment IDA Ireland companies performed very well in 2016, with employment by overseas companies almost reaching the 200,000 mark. These companies created just under 19,000 jobs […]read whole article
December 29 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm FREE EVENT Home for Work’: Come back for Christmas, stay for a career A national recruitment day aimed at offering jobs to people home for the festive season is to take place on December 29. The recruitment day, which will be held in four different locations across the […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more