- Reference: CJ43486
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
Summary Of Job:
Development and installation of manufacturing processes for new product introductions. The successful candidate will be a technical member in cross functional teams to set up new processes to meet challenging project commitments in line with agreed stability metrics. The role will involve collaborating with global R&D teams to develop innovative and cost effective devices and delivering highly stable and effective manufacturing processes.
1. Lead NPD development requirements and work with cross functional teams in the Innovation Centre and with the Value Streams.
2. Design, develop and source tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
3. NPI development requirements and work with cross functional teams in the Innovation Centre and with the Value Streams.
4. Provide design for manufacturing technical input to global design groups to minimise lifecycle cost
5. Deliver stable manufacturing solutions in line with stability metrics process.
6. Management of R&D test parts and sample requests.
7. Conduct detailed product design reviews
8. Development of advanced manufacturing processes to lean guidelines
9. Manage risk management and validation lifecycle for new process or process changes.
10. Management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
11. Accountable for project capital and expense spend for assigned processes
12. Contribute to PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort
13. Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
14. Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
15. Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
• Obtained as a minimum a Degree in Mechanical /Manufacturing/Biomedical Engineering
• Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
• Good problem solving / root causing techniques (Six Sigma, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
• Demonstrated ability to work within a cross-functional project team and communicate to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined timeline.
• Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
• Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
• Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kaylie O’ Brien on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!