- Reference: AJ43646
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Medical Devices
Our client, a medical device company in Athlone are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site. This role offers the opportunity to experience the full manufacturing life cycle and play a pivotal role in the expanding team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Manufacturing in the attainment of production targets based around agreed department KPI’s.
- Lead or Support COGS and Continuous Improvement Projects to agreed project schedules.
- Develop solutions to routine technical problems associated with process and equipment.
- Perform Design of Experiments for process definition and to optimize equipment parameters for new and/or existing processes.
- Use Six Sigma, Lean, and Mistake proof methodologies in the development of manufacturing processes to implement processes that are ‘born lean and capable’.
- Coordinate with suppliers and external resources needed in developing and implementing new or improved process.
- Liaise with Operations teams to develop additional capability for existing technology and process improvements.
- Function within a team environment and provide clear feedback to supervisor and department.
Qualifications / Experience:
Some of the requirements for this role will include experience in a highly regulated environment, medical device or pharma is obviously preferred. It is also necessary to have a Level 8 degree, preferably in engineering, for this roles. It is also desirable to have good Project Management experience.
- Experience in the application of engineering statistical tools and data analysis with previous exposure to DFM and Lean Sigma environments desirable.
- Candidates will have had exposure to a previous engineering environment in the areas of equipment and process development.
- Green Belt Qualification and exposure to DMAIC would be an advantage.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent computer literacy.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!