- Reference: 43310
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin West, Kildare, Offaly
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out the execution of the preventive maintenance and Condition Based program
- Providing maintenance support, entering data, updating equipment records, produce performance reports and participating in continuous improvement follow up
- Cost control consciousness
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and packaging equipment, also pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services, including compressed air, refrigeration and steam.
- Performance of PM routines
- Support Production Team in achieving targets
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs
- As part of the technical Maintenance team, work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications
- To be observant & work off your own initiative when a fault is detected & to take action based on your best judgment on whether to effect immediate repair or not
- Provide mentoring and coaching to shift technicians in areas you are strongest.
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
- Update the maintenance management system (CMMS), records of all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out
- Troubleshooting using PLC Programs
- Responsible for completion of your planned work, shifts daily input of all works onto CMMS, parts booked out of stores and control of breakdowns
- Ensure Maintenance Manager is aware of any problems on site as soon as possible. Judgment must be used if Manager is to be called after hrs. I.E. if machine is down more than 45mins with no fix in place, but always follow the provided procedures e.g. Break down procedure.
- Observing all onsite and legislative rules and regulations in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety.
- Using all resources such as manuals, service contacts etc. to aid in breakdown recovery.
- Further responsibilities may be added from time to time as the strategy evolves.
- Ensure all parts are ordered by the shift technicians by the end of his/her shift.
- All relevant information is passed to both the maintenance manager and the next shift.
- Maintain workshops to a high standard
- Follow all up to date stores and parts procedures
- Assist with ensuring apprentices in their dept. receive appropriate training relative to their trade if required.
- Project work for apprentices to enhance their skills.
- Recording into apprentice log book all completed tasks relative to their training phase.
- Recording of all damage to dept. equipment and reporting to department, engineering supervisor on same.
- Adheres to all site policies on quality and safety (e.g.) clean overalls, clean work boots, hair nets, hearing protection, hand washing, door closing etc.
- Adheres to site policy directives on environmental issues. i.e. Control and use of oils and greases, disposal of lights, batteries.
- Control of contractors and acting as Liaison Person as and when required.
view salary guide
Last Wednesday morning Collins McNicholas in conjunction with the CIPD had the pleasure of co-hosting an event focused on the topical area of Psychometrics in HR. A large crowd gathered at the splendid Maryborough Hotel for a very informative presentation. CIPD Chairperson Margaret Collins began proceedings before introducing Rory Walsh, Regional Manager of CollinsMcNicholas Recruitment […]read whole article
Tuesday afternoon, Ministers Noonan and Donohue presented the budget for 2017 to the Dail. It included a number of expected measures, along with some interesting talking points. It’s very easy to get lost in the stats, but what implications does this really have? At a breakfast briefing this morning, hosted by RBK, Ulster bank and […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more