- Reference: AJ43793
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Other, Westmeath
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that effective systems, skills and culture are in place to support the strategic direction of the maintenance function. The holder will first measure performance and subsequently utilise internal and external benchmarks to improve and align performance to customer needs.
Maintenance Manager responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Director of Engineering to develop and implement a compelling vision and strategic direction for the maintenance function.
- Provide leadership on improvement targets and show consistent delivery against targets
- Engage with the various customers to ensure alignment in assessment of performance and areas for improvement.
- Measure performance and maintenance service delivered to ensure resources are deployed to maximum effect.
- Provide on-going assessments of both methods employed and preventative maintenance activity.
- Involvement in external professional bodies to support bench-marking of maintenance performance.
- Develop and present annual capital plan for maintenance utilising reliability centred KPIs.
- Develop all maintenance staff to ensure all growth opportunities and employee potential is realised.
- Ensure that maintenance and facilities activities meet all regulatory standards (e.g. FDA, HPRA, HSA, EPA). Lead discussions with regulatory bodies during external and internal audits.
- Lead major change initiatives for department/site and seek involvement in cross functional site improvement initiatives.
Maintenance Manager requirements:
- A third level degree in an engineering discipline or a time served apprenticeship combined with extensive industry experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience gained within a high volume, dynamic, pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, collaborative and communication skills.
- Demonstrated situational leadership and creative problem solving with impact beyond maintenance function.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated knowledge of latest equipment reliability techniques and technologies, energy and facility management processes within a pharmaceutical environment
- High level of customer orientation/understanding.
- Effectively manage conflict with demonstrated ability to influence these situations to meet overall business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a highly performing team
- Experience dealing with outside regulators: FDA, HPRA, HSA, EPA, etc.
- Green or Black Belt qualification a distinct advantage.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!