- Reference: CJ44794
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
To engineer and implement highly capable & effective equipment maintenance processes that meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing leadership on equipment technical/engineering solutions that result in optimum manufacturing equipment support.
- Manage a team of Maintenance Technicians in support of all equipment planned and un-planned maintenance activities in support of a dynamic and fast paced production environment.
- Provide technical leadership & direction on all maintenance and equipment issues.
- Be highly proficient in the problem solving of all production machine and automated systems i.e. mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and control systems.
- Manage the planning & execution of all equipment maintenance routines on identified equipment within the value streams.
- Minimise downtime on Equipment, through fast response and priority setting with Area Supervision.
- Liaise with Production / Manufacturing Engineering and Equipment Engineering to understand equipment down priorities, and eliminate recurring issues.
- Ensure critical Equipment availability at all times in support of production metrics.
- Verify / Monitor PM effectiveness – Drive continuous improvement in the PM process.
- Monitor key maintenance process indicators MTTF, MTBF, MTTR etc. as required.
- Mentor and train Tech II/III, Manufacturing Engineers, Process Techs, and Product Builders on equipment related issues.
- Manage the PEMAC preventative maintenance system as site SME for same.
- Ensure all activities on ‘down’ Equipment & during PM are recorded. Compliant with PEMAC procedures.
- Generate / Edit Maintenance procedures to reflect actual work practices.
- Ensure all work carried out as part of PEMAC is as per procedures – Strive for continuous improvement in procedures & processes.
- Manage the equipment spares process. Monitor consumption & timely reordering with Maintenance Engineers & Technicians. Implement improvements to spares processes & systems in line with best in class industry practices.
- Capability to retrofit / upgrade existing equipment as part of Quality and/or cost improvement initiatives.
- Stay current with technology & training; be recognised as the SME for Maintenance.
- Assists in the compilation of departmental budgets and capital spending.
- Responsible for the departmental basics including hiring, day-to-day resource management, project resourcing, etc.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports company Quality policy and core values.
- Ensures Technicians are trained to do their work and their training is documented in line with company training management systems.
- Ensures Technician cross training & versatility is managed to cover all critical equipment at a minimum in support of production.
- Maintain compliance metrics around adherence to preventative maintenance schedule and report metrics as required by company quality systems management.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all GMP & E&AS requirements.
- Represents the production maintenance function in support of internal & external quality systems audits
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological advancements relevant to production maintenance processes.
- Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities, return on investment and maintainability of equipment.
Experience and Qualifications
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.) with ideally 3+ year’s relevant experience.
- A working knowledge of PEMAC Maintenance Management System is an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to read & interpret electrical & control technical specifications & drawings.
- Ability to fault find PLC control systems is a distinct advantage.
- Hands on experience in a fully automated manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Familiarity with standard problem-solving processes (6-sigma) is an advantage.
- Previous relevant experience in a highly regulated environment is an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!