- Reference: CJ44613
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
To satisfy sustained and increasing demands in Machinery Safety, our client is now looking to recruit an experienced Machinery Safety Engineer with the dynamism and motivation to become an expert member of our team. Reporting to a Team Manager, your primary role will be to provide consulting and engineering services to our customers with a view to ensuring effectiveness of safety systems and legislative compliance.
- Deliver customer focused safety services to all our customers, mainly in the healthcare, medical devices and food and beverage sectors assuring total customer satisfaction.
- Based on current legal requirements you will participate and conduct machinery risk assessments to the appropriate methodology for plant and machinery including the generation of technical files.
- Be a leader/technical contributor in the development of solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Work on projects where we propose, develop and implement improvements and modifications to machinery.
- Provide technical Process Safety related training to our customers both nationally and internationally from our suite of Machinery Safety related training courses.
- Undertake Machinery Risk Assessments.
- Develop solutions to ensure safety and compliance of machinery.
- Undertake CE Marking projects.
- Ensure critical technical files, maintenance routines, procedures and drawings are completed in accordance with the company Quality Management system and that correct handover of these occur for projects.
- Research and solve technical problems as required.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget.
Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Health & Safety or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in manufacturing, automation, machine building or similar environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and in presenting technical project information to engineers, operators, and senior managers.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge and experience relating to some of the following areas:
- Machinery safety related control systems
- Machinery Directive and associated Directives
- Be self-organised, strongly motivated, energetic and upbeat, with excellent influencing skills.
- Take a logical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines.
- Have demonstrable knowledge and experience of process engineering, process improvement or automation projects.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!