- Reference: GJ43696
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Clare, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Logistics Supervisor required to supervise, coordinate, & expedite incoming/outgoing shipments for the manufacturing plant. Galway Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Supervise day-to-day activities for Materials Inbound & Outbound – receiving, sampling, storing, factory milkruns, packing, and shipping materials.
- Supervise employees who use a variety of equipment to move materials, equipment, assemblies, or goods within the warehouse or plant.
- Creates and maintains a safe work environment for all team members.
- Comply with all applicable regulations and procedures. This includes Custom Requirements, PCC, Known Consignor, Hazardous Shipments, Chemical Handling, Financial and Quality specific requirements.
- Develops and trains staff on department procedures. Maintains department integrity by strict adherence of established company policies/protocols – Maintains cross training program for direct reports
- Develops and executes the areas objectives and maintains appropriate scorecards & KPIs.
- Works closely with all of the plants functions(procurement, planning, production, NPD, engineering and quality), sister sites , 3rd party suppliers and service providers to ensure smooth flow of material.
- Work with Freight Forwarders to meet on time delivery performance at the highest quality, service and at a competitive rate.
- Manage Sterilization Scheduling and performance to ensure committed delivery performance.
- Support the management on all Financial Budgets
- Set challenging departmental goals that support the sites current & future objectives.
- Using Lean methodology initiatives and drive a culture of Continuous Improvement in all processes to improve Product Flow and the elimination of non value activities
- Must have 5 years’ experience in a similar role desirable with HETAC Level 7 or 8 in a relevant discipline.
- Warehousing, Freight and Sterilization experience a distinct advantage.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com