- Reference: GJ43505 bn
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Transport & Logistics Analyst required with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in logistics/transport environment, preferably in a manufacturing or construction environment.
Reporting to the Transport Manager.
- Commercial rates analysis and creation for potential, new and existing Customers.
- Operational analysis for existing Customers data requests.
- Operational analysis for Customers KPI
- Recommendations and actions for operational improvements in the logistics functions.
- Creation of data for Customer and internal Management Accounts and Profit & Loss Accounts.
- Route planning and analysis with recommendations on efficiency improvements or alternate solutions.
- Processing of Customer planning, scheduling and insert allocations, job order creation.
- Specific project based analysis and lean project involvement
- Coordination of the transport/logistics/supply chain for company across all divisions for the domestic market and in time, providing support to the Transport/Logistics Manager for the export market
- Development of a master schedule in support of production forecasting in conjunction/consultation with sales function
- Answer telephone, reception counter and email enquiries and redirect as required
- Execute all necessary Navision transactions
- Manage day to day stock holdings
- Reconcile inventory stock-takes, develop Stock Adjustment documentation
- Create Navision notifications as required
- Create work orders as required including associated work permits
- Production planning and scheduling
- Liaise with Customer Services with Truck Scheduling Times
- Raise picking slip for each load/truck pickup
- Post Goods issue picking slips as required
- Ensure adherence to transport policy by all employees/contractors on site
- Ensure security in all matters relating to transport and transport of products on/off site are adhered to
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with established H&S policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 5 years’ previous work experience in logistics/despatch or transport roles, preferably in a manufacturing or construction environment
- Third level qualification/certification in Finance/Business or other relevant field preferably at degree level
- National CPC desirable
- Teleporter ticket an advantage but not essential
- Familiar with modern safety, environmental and production management practices.
- Experience in transport licensing/permit requirements
- Understanding of office management procedures
- Knowledge of communications systems including land and mobile telephone lines, mobile radios.
- Experience working with customers, drivers, contractors and service providers
- Proficient in use of computer applications including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet systems and Navision proficient.
- Knowledge/experience in logistics, supply chain distribution process plant and customer requirements/mining/process plant environment advantageous.
- Demonstrates that the organisation of work and own work complies with relevant statutory legislation and Group practices
- Ideally relevant IT skills (Excel – Advanced Data Extraction & Understanding, Powerpoint, Access Database, Navision, Routing Systems)
- Commercial Management – Demonstrates clear understanding of commercial concepts and demonstrates application
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email email@example.com