- Reference: GY45168
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
A energetic and versatile individual needed to support an operational area to ensure maximum
throughput and yield, customer contentment and communication. Reporting to the Engineering
Manager you will ensure the correct course of action is taken once any issues affecting the
quality of product being produced is established. You will ensure the cleanliness of production /
coating equipment and the housekeeping of any associated workspace is maintained to the highest
standard at all times.
This position will be placed on first shift though shift flexibility is required for this role.
- Monitor and control production process to ensure product is manufactured within specification.
- Administer all line set up and product changeovers and perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Accurately update internal production reporting system so that a true reflection of line
- performance is captured daily.
- Assist investigations of quality problems and ensure that products are manufactured in compliance
- with the Quality Management System.
- Make required adjustments to equipment and ensure efficiency of line by managing all issues and
- minimizing downtime.
- Maintain and update OCAP system to ensure corrective actions are captured.
- Monitor production area and ensure compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Support root cause analysis within scope of the role and technical expertise.
- Assist to clean up work area and guide all employees in operating line equipment according to
- company procedures.
- Perform process maintenance on equipment and maintain records for same.
- Participate in pre shift meetings and obtain required information to support discussions.
- Ensure that communications are clear, effective and concise and act in a non-confrontational
- Report any quality related concerns to your immediate supervisor and/or quality.
- Support R&D activities as required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required for this role:
- Qualified in a mechanical or process related discipline to diploma level.
- Minimum 3 years experience on a high volume production line working in a technical role.
- Qualified in lean Manufacturing or six sigma (Desirable but not essential).
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Willing to work different shifts as needed and provide additional cover by working extra hour across shifts as needed.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternativesolutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Experience of working within a pressurised environment with stretching targets.
- Experience of identifying and delivering Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Awareness of quality, current Good Manufacturing Practice and working with Standard Operating Procedures and Change Controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including those with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Proven ability to problem solve, report information/findings, develop recommendations, and implement process changes as needed
- Can demonstrate strong team working and team building abilities.
For a confidential discussion and more information on this role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com