- Reference: CJ45833
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Excellent opportunity to join a leading multinational manufacturing organisation in Cork. Supporting the Finance Director and working closely with the Senior Legal Entity Accountant to achieve all financial and general accounting responsibilities for all the organisations Irish legal entities.
You will be involved in key areas of Tax, Treasury, Statutory Accounts and 3rd Party Deals, supporting Investments, P&L reviews and Board meetings.
This role offers the successful candidate a unique opportunity to gain insight and experience of different aspects of Legal Entity Accounting, including Pension, Insurance, P&L Forecasting, Board Meetings, Investments, Royalties, Reporting responsibilities and a unique exposure to a range of adhoc projects and acquisitions.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the PIP IBT Forecast to support calculation of Tax Payments and Hedging. This will involve interaction with the manufacturing sites and the TPCoE.
- Preparation of legal entity P&L analytical reviews as required by Tax, audit teams, GFS or Controllers
- Prepare updates for quarterly Board Meetings
- Preparation of all external information requirements particularly in relation to the CSO and IDA
- Co-ordinate the budget process for the Pension charge for the two Pension Schemes in Cork, including approval of assumptions, communicating to key stakeholders etc.
- Communicate the actual Pension Cost in January to key stakeholders as provided.
- Process CBP (Critical Business Payments) of pension as required.
- Agree pension GL to PN2 Statements, book relevant journals monthly, quarterly and annually (FAS, Pension Costs)
- Account reconciliations for pension related balances
- Respond to ad hoc pension queries from sites.
- Co-ordinate the budget & renewal processes, including communicating with site finance as required.
- Account for prepayments and allocate monthly charges to Cork sites as appropriate each month, including account reconciliations
- Process ePay’s as required for approval & cross charge payments to relevant sites
- Respond to ad hoc insurance queries from sites
Investments & Royalties
- Account for Investments held as appropriate, to reflect change in share price.
- Account reconciliations
- Submit webforms as required
- Review royalty charge and issue invoice for payment
Controllership Report Review
- Perform reconciliation between controllership reports and TB for Irish entities
- Request approval/confirmation from various parties across significant balances
- Consolidate P&L analysis and present for review before Director sign off
- Provide oversight for OSG budget & forecast support, and liaise with CoE in relation to same.
- Support statutory account preparation as necessary.
- Support project work as necessary.
- Support third party deals as required.
- Support liquidations as required.
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- 2-5 years PQE
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!