- Reference: GY44911
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Limerick
- Category: Information Technology
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Be a ‘hands-on’ technical lead contributing to the software development effort (specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components ), as well as technically lead a team of software engineers
- Apply your software engineering prowess to development of complex electro/mechanical instruments.
- Innovate at all levels of our products, from instrument control, management and performance to new instrument applications, all in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Architect/design system software components for medical instrumentation platforms
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Adhere to all BD Life Sciences development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in software development,
- A strong understanding of software design and systems & architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- Multi-threaded C#/.NET development
- Windows Embedded development including Multi-threaded development
- Experience with serial protocols (rs232, rs485, rs422) and TCP/IP and socket development and knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
- Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
- Developing with relational databases, SQL server preferred
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development
- Experience with Entity Framework and LINQ
- Experience with C++/C
- Experience with VxWorks operating System
- Direct experience leading software teams and projects
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
For more information please contact Tanya Cooke at 091 706706 or email your CV to email@example.com
Question: I am a manager in a high-paced media company. While I enjoy my job, the pressure is relentless. There are just not enough hours in the day to get all the work done and even when I get home, there is the pressure to be ‘always on’ and answer emails right up to bedtime. […]read whole article
Collins McNicholas has seen a 6% growth in registered job vacancies in the first half of 2017 compared with the first half of 2016. The number of candidates registered with Collins McNicholas is up by 24% in the same period. The growth in jobs shows a buoyant job market with candidates willing to switch jobs […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more
This report provides you with all of the recent developments in the ICT sector in Ireland, including skills availability, graduate output, industry trends, regional investment, and our expectations for the year ahead.view more