- Reference: GY44911
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Limerick
- Category: Information Technology
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Be a ‘hands-on’ technical lead contributing to the software development effort (specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components ), as well as technically lead a team of software engineers
- Apply your software engineering prowess to development of complex electro/mechanical instruments.
- Innovate at all levels of our products, from instrument control, management and performance to new instrument applications, all in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Architect/design system software components for medical instrumentation platforms
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Adhere to all BD Life Sciences development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in software development,
- A strong understanding of software design and systems & architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- Multi-threaded C#/.NET development
- Windows Embedded development including Multi-threaded development
- Experience with serial protocols (rs232, rs485, rs422) and TCP/IP and socket development and knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
- Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
- Developing with relational databases, SQL server preferred
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development
- Experience with Entity Framework and LINQ
- Experience with C++/C
- Experience with VxWorks operating System
- Direct experience leading software teams and projects
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
For more information please contact Tanya Cooke at 091 706706 or email your CV to email@example.com
Question: Last year, a promotion came up at the IT firm where I work. A colleague and close friend pushed me to put myself forward. When I got the job she was the first to celebrate with me. Now, due to budget restraints, the company is downsizing and I have been tasked with letting a […]read whole article
Question: I’m the senior manager in a MedTech firm. I promoted another staff member to team leader after he showed exceptional skill during a successful trial period. Eight weeks into his role, two team members have raised issues about his leadership qualities. I promoted him because of his high standard and think he will be […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more
This report provides you with all of the recent developments in the ICT sector in Ireland, including skills availability, graduate output, industry trends, regional investment, and our expectations for the year ahead.view more