- Reference: AJ43116
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
LEAD ENGINEER II
An opportunity exists for 2 x Lead Engineer II within the Site Engineering Department. The holder of this role will be responsible for leading site capital projects from inception to delivery through effective project management, ensuring delivery on time and on budget.
- Overall responsibility for multiple projects, accountable for the initiation, design, resource & budget management, and development of project plans for complex projects/large scale capital projects.
- Lead and direct a cross –functional team
- Overall responsibility for meeting key project deliverables.
- Technical/ Project leader for assigned site projects ensuring technical competency is developed within the team and efficient work practices are maintained.
- Preparation of capital expenditure requests and cost estimates, and monitoring of project spend.
- Lead and assure that value engineering, constructability reviews and similar processes are effectively utilized to minimize capital expenditures and maximize functional value.
- Arrange for the provision of detailed project specifications, drawings, procedures and tender documents.
- Supervision of contractors associated with project work.
- Ensure that project work is completed with minimal disruption and is fully integrated into operational areas.
- Apply scientific and engineering methods and approaches to deliver most effective solutions.
- Third level Engineering qualification (level 8), with minimum 8 years’ experience leading the delivery of complex capital projects in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Chartered Engineer status desirable.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and managing complex projects/large scale capital projects.
- Demonstrated ability in managing the overall financial performance of engineering projects.
- Experience dealing with external regulatory bodies.
- Green or Black Belt qualification a distinct advantage.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!