- Reference: GJ43689
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Limerick
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
As Laad Electronics Engineer you will be esponsible for developing, planning, controlling the electronic design activities to meet the department deliverables and business performance expectations.
You will report to the Senior R&D Manager and you will have two Electronic Engineers reporting to you.
- Supervise the Electronic team: Conduct with objectives settings and reviews with each member of the group. Work with the R&D manager and/or project engineers to forward planning usage of resources and budget required to meet corporate objectives. Work with the R&D manager to set up training plans for the electronics team members.
- Recruitment: Lead the recruitment of new staff where a gap has been identified. Contribute to the role profile definition, filtering of CVs, selection of candidates and decision making.
- Supplier Management: Manage all electronics activities outsourced to external electronics engineering suppliers. Work with the R&D manager to set up contracts. Establish statement of work, raise POs and ensure that suppliers deliver output according to agreed contract.
- Electronic Design: Responsible for the proper conduct of electronics design projects, liaising with other departments, component suppliers, application support, test houses and others as required.
- Generate requirement specifications and verification protocols during the design & development process
- Act as a key technical driver/contributor to help win new business by applying their innovation skills and working cross-functionally. Elements associated with success will be:
– Creation and development of innovative circuits
– Technical presentations and discussions
– Feasibility studies
– Innovative component selection to optimise cost and performance benefits
– Ensuring designed products have a competitive advantage.
- Lead technical root cause analyses in resolution of field quality issues, supporting Quality and Commercial functions as appropriate.
- Instruct, guide and coordinate PCB designers as required.
- Modify both new and existing circuits / components to efficiently meet product specifications and customer needs.
- Act as R&D representative on selected project Core Teams, providing inputs to cross functional teams, generating project timelines and budgets and ensuring delivery of requirements.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Honours Electronics Engineering Degree
- 5 + years electronic design experience
- Excellent schematic design experience
- Strong analog design experience with low frequency circuits
- Digital circuit experience with embedded processors
- Awareness of C/C++ and Assembler programming and techniques
- Awareness of regulations that apply in consumer and medical electronic products
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience in concept generation and systems design
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others in pursuit of solutions
- Awareness of manufacturing/assembly process and technique
For a confidential discussion on this role please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org