- Reference: GY42991AO
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
This is an excellent, permanent opportunity in a great location. The role offers an ideal opportunity for anyone looking to develop their career within the microbiology sector.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Frontline management in the day to day activities in the laboratory
- Allocation, scheduling and managing lab resources
- Performance management of direct reports, including development plans for all analysts
- Ensuring that all quality systems within the department are adhered to on a daily basis, GMP and ISO 17025
- Ensuring results and reports are delivered on time to clients. Liaising with customers on all matters involving support.
- Reviewing documentation, data and lab investigation reports, deviations, customer complaints etc.
- Ensuring that staff training, equipment qualification/calibration and method validation is adequate and up to date
- Preparing the lab for internal and external audits, maintaining compliance to good housekeeping and safety standards
- Monthly reporting of trends and KPI management
- Motivate staff to achieve targets and optimise the use of resources at all times
- 3rd level degree in Microbiology
- 3-5 years’ experience in a GMP lab environment
- Ideally 2 years’ supervisory experience within a lab environment
- Have a professional, pro-active approach to work combined with strong leadership skills and an ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Capable of motivating your team
- Ability to critically review analytical date. Excellent attention to detail is a must
- Experience in Method Development and Validation
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Amy O’Neill on 091-706718 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!