- Reference: AJ44675
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Westmeath
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The Laboratory Services Manager is responsible for successfully running an operational QC laboratory with responsiblity for ensuring efficient and compliant day-to-day operations.
Lab Manager responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the lab-specific documentation required for the Quality Management System.
- Plan and implement operational systems to conduct laboratory testing to control and reduce testing lead times and cost and improve other key indicators.
- Execute testing and certification/ disposition required for artwork, component, raw material, finished product and stability testing to meet business goals.
- Transfer/validate in-house methods and verification of compendial methods to ensure overall project schedule timelines are met.
- Effectively manage contract testing labs; ensuring cost effective service as well as adherence to overall schedule.
- Maintaining a motivated, knowledgeable, agile and talent based laboratory team.
- Facilitate staff personnel career development to ensure staff engagement, aligned with overall corporate goals
- Conducting audits of 3rd party suppliers and service providers.
- Monitoring, evaluating and resolving issues related to day-to-day activities.
- Working with Development, Operations and other functions to ensure a smooth transfer of technologies and products from Development to commercial manufacturing.
Full spec on request
Lab Manager requirements:
- BSc/MSc in science discipline required
- Good knowledge of quality systems, FDA and EU regulations and ICH guidelines as they relate to Quality Control.
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory role in a commercial QC group within a pharmaceutical company.
- Extensive experience with chemistry analytical techniques, particularly chromatography and spectroscopy techniques.
- Experience with method validation and method transfer and associated troubleshooting required.
- Experience with method development and/or biopharmaceutical methods desirable.
- Qualified Person experience or educational requirements desirable
For more information or to apply please contact Tina Egan on email@example.com 09064 50663.
Please Note: Collins McNicholas will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Setting the Standards for Excellence in Recruitment
To see a full list of jobs available across Ireland please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie