- Reference: AJ41925
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Galway, Leinster, Westmeath
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Our Client, a specialist pharmaceutical manufacturer has a requirement for a suitably qualified and experienced QC Chemist on a 6 month fixed term contract for their manufacturing facility in Athlone.
The Laboratory Chemist is a key member of the team tasked with set-up of the Quality Control Laboratory in accordance with the overall facility project schedule. Thereafter they will be responsible for analytical stability, raw materials, in-process and finished product testing ensuring efficient and compliant day to day operations.
Laboratory Chemist responsibilities;
- Set-up and implementation of laboratory specific documentation required for the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Participate in transfer and validation of in-house methods and verification of compendial methods to ensure the overall project schedule timelines are met.
- Implementation and maintenance of laboratory specific SOPs and test procedures.
- Involvement in procurement of laboratory equipment.
- Upkeep of calibration and qualification programme for laboratory equipment.
- Input to weekly work plans for smooth operation of the laboratory.
- Execution and review of stability, raw materials, in-process and finished product work ensuring right first time KPI’s are achieved.
- Trending of stability, raw materials, in-process, finished product results including participation in out of specification/ out of trend investigations.
- Monitoring, evaluating and resolving issues related to day-to-day activities of operations in coordination with Quality and other site functions to ensure performance to schedule.
- Trouble-shooting within the QC Department and providing technical assistance / support to other Departments as required.
- Liaise with external suppliers/vendors in relation to QC requirements.
- Point of Contact for the QC Department on inter departmental projects.
Laboratory Chemist will have;
- BSc/MSc in science discipline required.
- 3 years experience working in a QC environment.
- Proven track record of executing method validations and analytical product transfers.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in multiple analytical techniques (particularly GC, IC, HPLC).
- Experience with biopharmaceutical methods desirable.Experience with microbiological testing or working in a sterile manufacturing environment desirable.
- Participation in regulatory audits (IMB or FDA) desirable.
For more information or to apply please contact Tina Egan on email@example.com 09064 78104.
Please Note: Collins McNicholas will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Setting the Standards for Excellence in Recruitment
To see a full list of jobs available across Ireland please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie