- Reference: GY45741
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Mayo
- Category: Marketing
With our client, we are looking for a clothing designer to join their team.
To provide design support to new and existing knitwear products.
To liaise and support Senior Management with the commercial Knitwear Design Strategy.
- To travel on behalf of the Company to both domestic and international trade shows and exhibitions to research new samples, yarns, designs, suppliers, etc.
- To ensure a strong a commercial focus within the design process with a view to maximising sales and profitability opportunities.
- Plan, manage and actively participate in key calendar events, including Photoshoots, Story Boards, Brochures, Show Case.
Conceptualise and develop seasonal trends within the department as well as research development and finishes, washes and fabrics.
Work closely with the Stoll Programming Team with regard to technical design and samples.
Work closely with the Production Team on relevant design or quality issues that impact production. e.g, fits/measurements/yarn/
Work closely with the Sourced Product Team, ensuring a collaborative approach is considered and applied to decisions that impact the Business.
- Minimum 3 years knitwear experience with fluent knowledge of illustrator and photoshop programs required.
- Role holder must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to communicate comfortably, effectively and professionally at all levels in the Business.
- Great attention to detail, strong planning and organisational skills and a focused approach required.
Third level qualification in related discipline required.
- A strong understanding in emerging trends & genuine passion for the industry and product is a must.
- Role holder must be able to work as part of team and in a standalone capacity in a fast paced, busy environment.