- Reference: GYGN43728
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Galway
- Category: Information Technology
The IT Site Support Technician will be responsible for providing effective and efficient on-site and remote support to end users and management on a variety of technical support issues, including the set up and maintenance of mobile devices, computing equipment, printers, faxes, scanners & other peripherals. The role holder is required to perform routine maintenance functions such as hardware & software inventory management. Working with the Global Service Desk and related support functions, the role holder will ensure the provision of a consistently high quality service to customers and stakeholders. Periodic travel may be required to support additional locations, and if so, the role holder must be capable of travelling without restriction.
Reporting to the IT Manager – you will work with industrial and commercial clients who are seeking help and advice about business and IT problems.
Description of duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining and installing IT systems.
- Member of Team Providing Support, covering hardware and software for laptops, desktops, servers, ERP, networking equipment and printers
- Working on a variety of technology projects as a lead or contributing member
- Training users and consulting staff.
- Researching and testing new SME technologies
- Configuration of network security solutions, e.g. firewall, anti-virus
- Day to Day support of in house systems & maintenance of same
- Diagnose & troubleshoot issues by applying Technical expertise, product knowledge, communication & problem solving skills.
- Good at extracting information from people and explaining technical information to non-technical staff.
- Good problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification or relevant Industry Experience
- Industry Certification such as MCSE, CCNA, VCP
- Knowledge of Virtualisation and Networking Hardware & Protocols (DNS, DHCP, VLAN etc)
- The ability to adapt to different environments and responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Willing to go the extra mile on certain projects when needed
Good career prospects with a progressive Company.
Full Training will be given to the successful candidate.