- Reference: CJ44898
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Information Technology
- Develop risk management strategies that align with business goals and operations and protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information systems and our data.
- Identify and document business risks, and coordinate remediation of vulnerabilities and threats using repeatable risk assessment methodologies and processes. This may include producing and analysing output from infrastructure, database, data classifications or web application vulnerability assessments and developing spreadsheets, diagrams, Word documents and reports as requested.
- Identify, document and disseminate IT security requirements to technology managers and business owners to remediate significant risks and achieve desired levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability based on internal policies and industry best practices
- Communicate effectively with management, engineers, customers and others regarding the need of information security and to help them learn their roles and responsibilities in the implementation and maintenance of appropriate controls to mitigate significant risks
- Train assigned team members on security best practices
- Continuously identify, assess, measure and monitor information technology risk by performing independent hands-on risk assessments. Includes both in house systems and vendor based solutions covering Information Security, Business Continuity and compliance risk.
- Identify and communicate recommended security and control deficiencies for business units. Document and monitor the implementation of controls for technology and business project plans.
- Develop an overall risk management strategy for new or existing services with key business stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and at least 3-5 years of experience in one of the following functions: Corporate/Risk Governance, Compliance, Project Management or related areas.
- 3 years of security, information technology or technology risk management related work experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, strong attention to details, excellent problem solving and follow-up skills required.
- Work independently, make decisions and multi-task effectively in a very diverse, project oriented environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!