- Reference: 45066
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Information Technology
Excellent opportunity to join Global Market Research Company based in Athlone. Ideal candidate will have 3yrs plus experience. This is initially a 6 month maternity contract.
Our client is looking for a Helpdesk Technician to work in their IT Operations Team. This is likely to be a six month contract. As an integral member of the IT team you will be responsible for providing first and second level support for end users and clients relating to IT matters. This will include laptops and desktops, server, networks, telecommunication and proprietary software. You will also be involved in projects, configurations, installations and troubleshooting software and hardware problems.
As part of the global team your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating with European colleagues to man the Helpdesk helpline
- Working through the Remedy task ticketing system to close off issues expediently
- Providing support for NPD’s end users and clients on proprietary software including PowerView, Solution Folders, and DecisionKey (in-house application)
- Imaging and setting-up machines for new employees, upgrades etc.
- Assisting with moves, adds and changes
- Providing user training and assistance
- Provide onsite support to remote office locations
- Completing ad-hoc projects
- You will also be responsible for providing periodic reports, inventory management and other administrative tasks, as needed.
- 3-5 years IT experience in a business environment
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Windows (all versions), Remedy (or equivalent), MS Office, Active – Directory, and Internet Explorer
- Experience with servers and VM environments a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem research skills
- Candidates must be customer oriented, self-motivated, ambitious, and dedicated team player
- Ability to interface effectively via phone or email with both technical and non-technical users
- Candidates must be willing to travel and to be flexible with working hours to suit business need when required
- Experience with routers, switches, and phone systems a distinct advantage
For further information on this role, please contact Ita Hodder on 09064 78104 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie