- Reference: SJ44815
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Information Technology
Our client based in Ballina Co. Mayo requires an IT Helpdesk Support Engineer for a 1 year fixed term contract.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
IT Helpdesk Support Engineer required to provide infrastructure and applications support to business users via centralised, single point of contact. The duties required are as follows:
- Responding to customer queries in a timely and professional manner
- Provision of break/fix and managed services via Service Desk
- Log and provide support for service requests
- Provide support for problem resolution ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Escalate support requests through the use of support tools, either to internal and remote support teams.
- Achievement of individual and team KPI’s
- Minimum of one recognised technical certification, e.g. Microsoft MCP, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA etc.
- Minimum third level degree in IT or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Experience and a good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory is required. Experience with federated services and domain trusts is advantageous.
- Understanding of Office 365, SQL, Office, VMware, BackupExec, Linux, Software Deployment or Mobile device management is also advantageous.
- Experience of working with Service Level Agreements
- Exceptional customer focus and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team, strong time management, attention to detail, self-awareness, solution oriented thinking, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people and a commitment to ongoing self-improvement are essential characteristics.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!