- Reference: CJ44666
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork
- Category: Information Technology
IT and Automation Manager
The IT Manager will report directly to the Engineering Manager but will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team on site.
- To propose, implement and control the Site’s Information System
- To recommend the organisational solutions enabling optimising the Site’s Information Systems
- To manage and develop employees
- To ensure the co-ordination, research and implementation of manufacturing Operations Systems projects through optimising all of the resources at his/her disposal and respecting deadlines
- To be able to make proposals on the development of the Information Systems to facilitate the optimisation of the expertise of the plant
- Liaise and accountable for Manufacturing Operations IT long term Strategic delivery to site leadership team
- Participate, Influence and implement global IT strategies that deliver business efficiency, growth and enhancements
1. Control the projects portfolio of the site, involving the manufacturing operations information systems
- By managing the projects portfolio
- Formalization, validation and prioritization of needs
- Co-ordination of cross functional project steering committees
- Collaboration with key business stakeholders on IT strategies to support the business needs
- Liaise with global IT infrastructure and Manufacturing Operation teams on delivery of projects and participate in strategic direction
- Focus on process continuous improvement that delivers increased operational efficiency and agility for the business
- Responsible for ensuring Manufacturing Operational continuity through reliable system delivery, management and co-ordination with global teams
- Adherence to standard policy and worldwide regulatory compliance practices
- Participate in business planning and investment prioritization delivering a focused approach for the business
- By being able to make proposals on the development of the Manufacturing Operations information systems
- By organizing and planning the work of the teams on the projects
2. To ensure the monitoring of operational technological developments
- By keeping informed of developments in the market, regarding organization and information systems.
- By advising the Site Management regarding Information Systems and Automation Systems.
- By proposing developments in the information systems integrating the organization and operation of the site.
3. To develop the control of the information system by/from site
- By ensuring the use quality of the Information System
- By determining the actions (training, organization, modification of tools..)
- By validating the process owner users.
- By ensuring their succession (succession plan).
- By making accessible any data that should be accessible
- By making operational a standard function of the software
- By contributing to the definition of the decision support information necessary for the Site
- By having a sufficient management and operational knowledge of the ERP, Manufacturing Operation Systems and laboratory systems
4. Manage Operation and Investment budgets accordingly
- Relevant 3rd level IT qualification (Pharmaceuticals experience an advantage)
- 5 years relevant Manufacturing industry experience. Exposure to FDA, HPRA, GMP, 21CFR11, safety and environmental legislation
- Project Management experience: Proven record of cross functional project delivery.
- Ability to manage and develop employees
- Systems background: ERP, MES, Data Historian (OSI PI), Chromatography (Empower) and laboratory management systems
- SCADA/DCS an advantage.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, SLC, Compliance and Data Integrity.
- Ability to manage and support Manufacturing layer Infrastructure in conjunction with global teams.
- Technologies: Microsoft Systems platforms, EMC Storage, SQL and Oracle DBMS, VMWare Virtualisation, Cisco Layer 2/3 Networking an advantage.
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!