- Reference: AJ45468
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Meath, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Under the general direction of the Senior Director, Internal Audit (SDIA), the Audit Manager (AM) provides guidance, supervision, and assistance in performing audit work.
- Assists in planning/organizing TIAD activities including (a) preparing an annual Audit Plan, (b) scheduling and assigning work to meet targeted completion dates, and (c) determining resource needs.
- Ensures maintenance of high departmental standards and quality of audit projects
- Coordinates audit and project activities with other departments to secure resources needed to evaluate programs, conduct audits & complete projects.
- Completes a regular, periodic follow-up on significant audit findings and recommendations to ensure timely and adequate corrective actions have taken place.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Day to day supervision of project team members.
- Perform performance evaluations of team members.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- At least six years of progressively more responsible experience in one or more of the following types of auditing: Internal, Financial, Operational, External (Public Accounting) or Information Systems.
- 3 years of experience planning and directing audits.
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, CMA, CISA and/or CFE desired.
- Thorough knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, tests, and sampling methods involved in conducting audits and of the requirements set forth in the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing per the Institute of Internal Audit (IIA).
- Willing and able to travel extensively (up to 50%)
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!