- Reference: SJ45453
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Leitrim, Sligo
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Our client based in Sligo requires a Personal Lines Customer Service Administrator to cover a maternity leave contract.
The successful person will be responsible for selling and processing personal lines insurances policies to new and existing clients of the firm. Personal lines business includes: motor, commercial motor, household (Buildings & Contents), let properties, holiday home, health, travel and wedding insurance. Also responsible for promoting and generating new business within the team both face to face and over the telephone and supporting the day to day activities of the team and working to set sales targets.
- Assisting with the development of the customer client base whilst also maintaining and improving where necessary customer service;
- Build good working relationships with insurance providers and become familiar with the products supplied by each provider. Be able to understand the differences in policies in order to be able to provide a suitable product to the customer;
- Maintain records on various computers systems and ensure good working knowledge of the Relay system is obtained;
- Assisting with completion of proposal forms and other required statutory documents, and following through the business affected.
- Be articulate when quoting for a client and ensure that any paperwork is sent out and submitted correctly;
- Explain any specific features to the customer including any advantages and disadvantages of any particular policies;
- Follow up any requests made by clients from change of personal details to assisting with the processing of any claims;
- Modify, update and process existing policies to reflect any change in amount of coverage or type of insurance and ensure that this information is passed onto the respective product producer;
- Ensuring client records are kept up-to-date at all times by reviewing and verifying data, such as age, address, value of property on insurance applications and policies;
- Assist with dealing with the daily post and ensuring any filing, scanning etc is being kept up-to-date.
- Ensure collection of premium is followed up by the issuance of a receipt in accordance with the Consumer Protection Code;
- Assist with cashing up and lodging payments at the end of each working day;
- Ensuring that the requirements of the Minimum Competency Code & Fitness & Probity Standards are adhered to by you at all times including the maintenance of CPD hours as required or sitting and passing of exams (whilst under supervision).
- Attendance at any meetings, seminars as required to learn about new products and services and any other further training as required;
- Ensure that any procedures set by the firm are adhered to; .
- Ensure that any set sales targets are reached each month;
- Ensure that standards are maintained at all times when communicating with internal and external sources, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience & knowledge in an Insurance environment is essential
- You will be customer-focused, and committed to providing an excellent service to our clients
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!