- Reference: GY42403
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The Injection Moulding Technician will be part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues and implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances. The position reports into the Moulding Engineer in Operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- A strong focus will be on supporting Injection Moulding polymer processes.
- Take a lead role in the troubleshooting, repair and rebuild of both Hot runner and Cold runner systems.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key Injection Moulding maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on Injection Moulding equipment.
- Execution of mould changeover’s and equipment setup’s as part of production runs.
- Assist in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc. Interface with a variety of company personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager
- Assist in maintaining clean, safe working environment.
- Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in technologies and materials which are relevant to the Company’s business.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
Education / Training / Experience
- Ideally FETAC Level 6 qualification, ideally in Polymer Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Injection Moulding equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of injection mould tooling, polymer materials & validations.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment. Medical Device industry experience a distinct advantage.
- Good technical capabilities, writing skills, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.