- Reference: LK44500
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Injection Moulding Process Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region.
The primary process of this role will be to provide operational process and project support to the manufacturing business.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Production introduction moulding process support including:
- Attend new product project meetings from concept to introduction (Phase Reviews).
- Provide various methods of manufacture.
- Provide moulding cycle times and capital costs on new projects.
- Specification of new equipment for purchase.
- Quality issues on product introduction. Root cause analysis, corrective actions and verification of quality/design problems should they arise.
- Process variation/downtime analysis and fixes.
- Cavity Pressure Control implementation and support where needed.
- Insure new products come off sort when in production.
- Insure minimum cycle times are achieved when signed over to production.
- OEE / Efficiency production support after new product introduction.
- Work closely with Medical product manager to ensure future volume and quality to the customer.
- Manage new moulding medical product introductions namely (pfmea’s, IQ’s, OQ’s, PQ’s and Work Instructions).
- Manage changes to medical processes in production post validation.
- Lean Six Sigma Projects and New Product Introduction support.
- Maintain, create and update to PFMEA’s and hold meetings on such.
- This job will entail assisting the Injection Moulding Processes for new and existing products and advise on, Process Speeds, Equipment needed and equipment costs.
- The Job will require Guidance to be given to Process technicians.
- Numeric metrics that the job is accountable for are:
- Staying within Budget for Capital Purchases
- Meeting Project Schedules.
- Achieve Costed Process Speeds.
- Achieve Costed Process Efficiency.
- Achieve Costed Process QAP Metrics.
- This job is specific to the injection moulding process currently on-site but travel to vendor sites and customer sites may occur from time to time depending on the business needs.
- Problem solving ability is critical to this role, New Products and New Product Processes are liable to change Problems. The extent and range of the problems that arise require a systematic approach, such as lean Six Sigma or other Problem solving Skills Tools that enable Root cause solutions to be adapted.
- The role will primarily involve Injection moulding process but may incorporate other assembly process incorporated within moulding.
- Requires a high level of creativity in the Research and Application of New Technologies to deliver the required level of Innovation in all areas of the business.
- Moulding / Mechanical / Manufacturing Degree in Plastics/Polymer Eng.
- Minimum 5 years’ injection moulding / process support and production experience in a medical manufacturing environment. Experience of new product introduction and process development a distinct advantage.
- Validation experience of the medical moulding processes are a distinct advantage.
- Cavity Pressure Control experience is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience using Manufacturing Processes such as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Green Belt certified a distinct advantage.
- FEA, Mould flow, Minitab /Solid IT – Microsoft Office suite will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability/experience in leading projects and project teams to success.
- New Technologies Research/Application experience.
- Excellent coaching and facilitation skills.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- Strong analytical skills in gathering data from operations groups, defining work problems
- and working with operational teams to design effective solutions in resolving issues.
- Strong organizational, communication and creativity skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills in meeting customer deadlines / schedules.
- Hands on knowledge of PC software such as Solid Designer, MS Excel, Visio and statistical software such as Minitab.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270