- Reference: AJ45701
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Leinster
- Category: Information Technology
Infrastructure Manager responsibilities:
- Execute all aspects of Data Centre operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems, in-house and co-located Data Centres.
- Manage and develop a team of engineers, providing both technical and leadership expertise.
- Manage the infrastructure administration, servers.
- Responsible for shared VMware environment, Infrastructure Hardware and 3rd party support, including racks, servers, SANs, disks, flash storage etc
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery processes and procedures.
- Constantly improve all Data Centre related processes and procedures.
- Responsible for building and bringing new Data Centres online with considerations to government strategy, including networking and security.
- Draft and finalise detailed weekly / monthly status and monitoring reports.
- Manage the communication process in relation to Data Centre operations with internal and external customers.
- Manage vendor and contractor relationships.
- Manage the procurement and budget aspects of Data Centre operations and Infrastructure Hardware.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of ICT as appropriate to the position
Infrastructure Manager requirements:
- Minimum of a degree level qualification in Computer Science or ICT related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing or leading data centre operations teams in a mission critical environment.
- Solid and proven experience in the construction, commissioning, acceptance and operation of mission critical systems
- Extensive knowledge of networking and connectivity standards, and hardware installation requirements.
- Proficient experience in colocation operations, including the installation and deployment of cage, rack and cable infrastructure, as well as, power circuit installation and power monitoring.
- Knowledge of industry data centre standards, policies & methodologies
- Experience managing budgets and analysing expenses
For more information or to apply please contact Tina Egan on firstname.lastname@example.org 09064 78104.
Please Note: Collins McNicholas will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Setting the Standards for Excellence in Recruitment
To see a full list of jobs available across Ireland please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie