- Reference: SJ44878
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Information Technology
Our client based in Mayo require an ICT Manager for a 3 year temporary contract with a view to extend for an additional 2 years.
- Responsible and accountable for the provision of all technology related services to the organisation.
- Organise, manage and effectively lead a team to support IT functions and systems, including technical design, development, testing, service management and infrastructure.
- Develop the team to support the organisation in the strategic and tactical delivery of service to its internal and external customers.
- Act as Business relationship manager internally and external stakeholders.
- Ensure effective and strategic IT planning and delivery of IT performance to the business.
- Oversee the delivery of the IT strategic plan aligned with overall corporate strategy.
- Monitor and manage the performance and allocation of IT resource in terms of the people, budget, equipment and agreed service levels to the organisation.
- Ensure policies, procedures, standards and systems comply with current regulatory legislation and that systems, data, network and infrastructure are accessible, reliable, performant, available and secure.
- Development of the organisation’s IT systems to ensure they are up-to-date and meet the current and future expansion needs of the organisation.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching IT staff. Manage performance and appraise staff to ensure that they are delivering to the organisation’s strategy and objectives.
- Effectively manage external suppliers responsible for provision of additional IT resource capacity, delivery of business solutions and technical aspect of day-to-day operations to agreed service levels.
- Proactively identify IT risks and problematic areas and implement mitigation strategies.
Develop the IT unit into a Centre of Excellence to provide expertise, knowledge and innovation to promote and project excellence and best practice in the delivery of flexible business solutions that meet and exceed the organisation’s expectations.
- Educated in a relevant third level degree at Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications (desirable)
- A proven track record of successfully managing projects at senior level
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership/management role.
- Impeccable communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical matters in a clear and concise manner for other non-technical stakeholders and colleagues
- Strong budget management
- Highly effective organisational and planning skills – the ability to remain calm and focused while working under pressure
- Flexible approach, able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and on own initiative
Key Personal Attributes:
- A minimum of 5 -10 years relevant experience in a similar role
- Operating at SMT level
- The ability to create, develop and own the long term strategic goals of the organisation
- Technical expertise, coupled with an understanding of business and management principles including budgetary and IT procurement experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role including application form, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for completed application form in addition to CV for this role is 12 noon Friday 30th June.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!