- Reference: AJ45303y
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin North, Dublin South
- Category: HR & Training
The position involves a collaborative and supportive approach to the development of services and structures, embracing continuous quality improvement and the implementation of changes necessary to achieve organisational objectives.
Recruitment and Selection
- Participate in the recruitment process i.e. conducting interviews, reviewing job descriptions, graduate recruitment drives.
- Ensure we are availing of a variety of recruitment options including social media and relevant advertisement mediums.
- Develop relationships with Third Level Institutes with a view to recruiting their graduates.
- Audit records and ensure they are retained in line with Data Protection legislation
- Provide HR support and advice on policies and, procedures including dealing with queries from management and staff; Absence, Performance Management, Grievance and Disciplinary, Dignity at Work and Employment Law; to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment in the best interest of the whole community.
- Review, update, develop and implement HR policy, practice, procedure and programmes; on areas such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management; and preparing staff handbooks.
- Conducting investigations in a fair, professional, and thorough manner.
Training and Development
- Develop annual training and development plan for staff and management considering time and cost efficiencies.
- Develop and facilitate training and development programmes to meet skills and capacity needs.
- Drive Learning and Development initiatives focusing on development needs, learning plans, employee development, retention and succession plans.
- Evaluate learning on a number of levels to ascertain its impact on the quality of service and performance monitored against KPI’s and learning objectives.
- Ensure Employee development needs are identified and acted upon through developmental assignments or appropriate learning interventions.
Quality Standards & HR Processes
- Identify, review and modify HR processes to ensure they meet the needs of the organisation and are as efficient and effective as possible.
- Conduct HR Clinics across services ensuring the visibility and availability of the HR Department to the organisation.
- Make recommendations for changes in HR practices in accordance with new legislation or other developments.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records on both hard and soft copy.
- Produce periodic HR and Management reporting on staffing, attrition, absence, working time, and training. Produce ad-hoc reports as required.
- Ensure the Data Protection legislation is complied with.
- A recognised third level HR qualification to degree level. Membership of the CIPD.
- The candidate must have proven HR experience knowledge of HR practice and legislation.
- Ability to prioritise high volume, competing priorities for multiple stakeholders, and in turn, execute and deliver high quality solutions and advice.
- Over 3 years of proven HR experience with the ability to work on initiative and lead projects.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages.
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service.
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people.
- Have a willing, can-do attitude.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Analysis & problem solving
- Be proactive, a self starter & able to work on own initiative.
- Commitment to best practice and professional development.
- Good Communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Packages (Word, Excel etc)
- Commitment to health & safety.
- Excellent attention to detail
For Further Information on this role, please contact Denise Callinan on 09064 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie