- Reference: GY45159
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Connacht, Mayo
- Category: HR & Training
As HR Manager you will lead the HR function in support of the company’s goals and objectives which will add value and provide a professional advice and support service to all staff. Strong ER and IR experience is required for this role as you will work on a variety of HR projects and oversee day to day HR duties.
- Manage the HR budgets and spend in this area with special focus on HR costs and staffing rosters. This will include setting and monitoring and reporting of HR metrics and KPI’s to ensure cost management, efficiency and compliance on a set frequency to senior management.
- Effectively manage employee relations issues including disciplinary and grievance related issues, absence, leave management and other key HR areas including recruitment, training and attrition.
- Facilitate resolution of employee issues as they arise, including case management of grievance and disciplinary issues at local level and management of all WRC Labour Court submissions as required.
- Organise all elements of the HR function in a structured way to ensure the effective management of all core HR tasks, including personnel records, training, and compliance matters.
- Work closely with line management and senior management to provide HR consulting on employee relations, employee & management development, hiring selections, compensation, workplace effectiveness and performance management.
- Strong employee relations skills with thorough knowledge of Irish employment law.
- Facilitate the management of the Training and Development programme for all staff to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop and amend effective and appropriate HR policies and procedures to implement throughout the business. Provide advice and interpretation of these policies as appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of business and HR trends and employment legislation and pro-actively use knowledge to provide excellent customer focused value add service provision.
- Develop and support the HR administration function.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required for this role:
- The candidate will hold a degree in HR or related discipline (CIPD qualification is desirable).
- Employee relations experience, in particular working in a fast moving, customer facing, and service based industry with low margins.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated business with frequent external stakeholder audits whilst also working within a unionised environment.
- At least 5 years of human resource experience with a strong emphasis on coaching, employee relations and project implementation, with a dynamic, diverse operational and commercial environment.
- A people person with excellent communication skills, and have the demonstrated ability to build solid relationships at all levels both internally and with external stakeholders.
- A self-motivated, driven person who is dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and achieving results and delivering to fixed deadlines.
- Personal qualities that demonstrate leadership, confidence, sound judgment, enthusiasm, commitment and strong ethics.
- Must have aptitude to quickly learn HRIS systems and strong organisational skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Tanya on 091-706706 or email your CV to: email@example.com