- Reference: SJ45226
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Donegal
- Category: Health & safety
Our client based in County Donegal require a Health, Safety and Environment Officer for their expanding business.
Reporting to the General Manager the Environment Health and Safety Officer is accountable for all of the health safety and environment activities. The successful candidate will provide a safe working environment for employees, contractors, visitors and customers. He /She will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Health Safety and Environment management system and will provide Health and Safety leadership and guidance while simultaneously reporting environment health and safety performance directly to the Board.
Duties & responsibilities:
- To achieve strategic targets by reducing the number of accidents, reducing waste, increasing energy efficiencies and growing organisational awareness of Health and Safety through Staff and Visitor Safety Promotion Campaigns.
- To conduct environmental health and safety inspections and audits so that gaps or shortfalls are identified, timely improvement plans implemented and compliance and or savings are achieved without delay.
- To prevent accidents by raising employee and contractor Health and Safety awareness, training employees to manage risk and encouraging everyone to be proactive in reducing risk.
- The HS&E officer will coordinate a team-focussed approach to achieving Environmental Health and Safety targets.
- To investigate record and report on all EHS incidents be they accidents, near misses, personal injuries or environmental infractions, ensuring we meet our regulatory reporting responsibilities at all times. KPIs will be agreed and analysis of relevant safety indicators such as LTI rates etc. will be reported on a monthly basis.
- To liaise with all related government bodies, regulating agencies, external contractors and site visitors to ensure our Health Safety and Environment systems are up-to-date, fit for purpose and never compromised. You will manage the Environmental Health and Safety element of all external audits.
- To coordinate the Company’s emergency procedures and ensure fire alarms and fire prevention equipment is tested, fit for purpose and that a proper administration system is in place to ensure full and continuous regulatory compliance.
- To be an active member of the Health and Safety Committee advising and directing the group so that we remain 100% legally compliant, build a best practice model, review and update policies and procedures and oversee a rolling risk assessment review of all activities.
- To work with the Production, Maintenance, HR and Quality teams to achieve organisational KPIs and to coordinate the safe management of the fleet with the Transport Manager.
- To establish budget proposals for the effective operation of the Health Safety and Environment department as well as coordinating specific training programs around Health Safety and Environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant 3rd Level HSE Qualification (NEBOSH part-qualified)
- Hold IOSH membership
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role involving the implementation of a HSE Management system
- Experience within an FMCG environment with a working knowledge of HACCP
- Experience of working successfully in a team environment
- Strong communication skills and “can do” attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to bring people along
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!