- Reference: GY43073
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
NPI Engineer with a medical device company based in Galway
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for developing and building of prototypes to the customer’s specifications.
- To plan, execute and control projects along customer and company time-lines.
- To produce standard operating procedures (SOP) and component history records (CHR) used in the production of the company’s products.
- To understand, learn and develop operating programs for a range of equipment and to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific assigned processes and equipment.
- Work with the our clients Engineering Team and external suppliers to develop production processes and technologies.
- Under supervision, liaise with Customers on engineering matters arising.
- To provide solutions for the development of customer’s products, i.e. design for manufacture, selection of materials, resolution of processing problems and/or providing alternatives to customer designs.
- Develop product technical files, including, SOP, Validations and Test Methods.
- To conduct feasibility studies, ensuring that the correct processes are chosen for the products that the Company produces.
- To prepare and complete IQ(s), OQ(s) and PQ(s) as required.
- To ensure that the service levels required by the Company and the Customers are met.
- Work with material suppliers on any new material requirements or specification issues or queries.
- Develop and maintain relationships and lines of communication with colleagues and peers in the Medical Device Industry.
- Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in technologies and materials which are relevant to the Company’s business.
- Engage constructively with other functions within the Company to drive continuous improvement.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
- To meet and/or exceed the Milestones and Goals agreed with the Company.
Skills, Experience and Qualification
A Degree qualification in Mechanical and/or Manufacturing Engineering is essential, preferably coupled with a final year project/industrial placement within the Medical Device Industry.
- 1 – 2 years industry experience.
- Must be a self-starter with good initiative and a keen interest in development and design.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with a high level of commitment to the delivery of projects against agreed deadlines and targets.
- A very practical, constructive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to manage several tasks simultaneously combined with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Knowledge of ergonomics and its application in a production environment and of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma methodologies is an advantage.
- Excellent career prospects apply for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Claire O’Donnell on 091-706717 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!