- Reference: GJ44779 v
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Production
Strategic Sourcing Specialist Packaging (Global) with 6 years strategic procurement (Sourcing) in packaging in a manufacturing environment. Medical Device experience an advantage. Galway.
- Provide strategic influence while building value-add relationships with engaged 3rd party suppliers and respective internal stakeholders to increase sourcing efficiency.
- Promotes and works towards balanced continuous (year-on-year) value improvement for all aspects of quality, service and cost with assigned supply base. Manages supplier performance and identifies Value Improvement Program’s to improve TCO accordingly.
- Negotiates value improvements and manages optimal supplier contracts.
- Manages strategic supplier relationships in line with the Commodity Strategy and understands the strategic differentiators for each supplier.
- Interacts with Site Operational Procurement Teams.
- Owns annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as crisis or systematic issue resolution.
- Gathers Market Intelligence and trends for the Commodity and Sub-Commodities.
- Define, build and plan alignment on Commodity Strategy for assigned commodity.
- Identifies risks within the commodity and works closely with stakeholders to eliminate or take mitigating actions for strategic risks.
- Identifies insourcing and outsourcing opportunities.
- Identifies all suitable suppliers per commodity and region per sample RFQ and develops comprehensive supplier knowledge & database.
- Develops Should-Cost Models for major sub-commodities.
- Analyses data and develops tools to manage the Commodity.
- Minimum of 6 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) in Packaging and Supplier Relationship Management Experience in a manufacturing environment. Medical Device experience is an advantage.
- Hetac Level 8 degree in relevant field or Hetac Level 8 degree in none related field plus Diploma in relevant field.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie