- Reference: 43286
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Laois, Louth, Westmeath
- Category: General Management
General Manager Opportunity – European Operations- Start UP !!
Our client in the travel technology sector are hiring for position of General Manager to set up their European operations in Ireland. This role is the fundamental backbone to Global Expansion for the company and offers a great opportunity for the right candidate.
This is a start-up company with aggressive growth plans, including significant investment in marketing and global expansion. Its vision is to become the online global leader of expertly designed holiday delivery systems.
- Establish market presence as a leader in the European destination management services.
- Establish market presence to Irish and UK consumers as a trusted source for holiday packages.
- Deliver on the wholly owned brand vision: offering expertly designed holidays, online, at an affordable price, with human touch.
- Ensure continued market research awareness.
- Development of a company website and documented marketing plan for the company.
- Locate and establish new partnerships and relationships.
- Constantly assess the market environment, identify and align strategic goals with annual business plans maintaining ability to react quickly to changing market conditions.
- The GM will need to have entrepreneurial spirit to manage a fast moving operation.
- Will have to be responsible for all aspects of the day to day operations and delivery of sourced products
- Have extensive knowledge and relationships in the industry
- Specialise in offering professional ground handling services to vacation operators providing broad knowledge and expertise.
- Will work in a fast paced environment.
- Required to demonstrate a high level of self- initiative, management and entrepreneurial skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or similar plus 10years related experience in destination management services.
- Travel/ Tourism/ Hospitality or related industry experience is a must.
- Extensive knowledge of product sourcing landscape including but not limited to direct supplier contracting, API connectivity, and channel management solutions.
- Knowledge of Travel Marketing
- Ability to provide strong leadership and problem solving skills acting as a mentor to direct reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with employees, clients, leadership and service providers.
- Ability to understand and manage a financial statement against set objectives.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!