- Reference: CJ43941
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: General Management
- Execute overall site business strategy to deliver world class medical device manufacturing of complex products in line with Healthcare global business unit vision.
- Accountable for manufacturing site including moulding and assembly operations, maintenance, tooling, engineering, quality & supply chain personnel.
- Utilise all resources efficiently to achieve product fulfilment, on time delivery, quality, customer satisfaction, EHS performance while meeting revenue & profit targets.
- Plan, organise & direct manufacturing & key support team members to meet production targets for customer delivery, product quality & cost ensuring a safe work environment at all times.
- Minimise manufacturing costs through effective utilisation of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials & capital.
- Provide leadership oversight to ensure short, medium & long term business goals are achieved.
- Create a high performing flexible plant team which achieves excellent results through coaching/ mentoring & effective performance management.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement using lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability. Embed visual workplace & communication huddles to create a dynamic & results driven organisation.
- Create a learning organisation ensuring that the team are trained in their roles & also to support the development of standard work, documentation, training & work instruction activities where appropriate.
- Execute key supply chain processes around planning & scheduling, procurement, supplier management, warehouse & inventory management.
- Ensure Automation, Tooling & Moulding Maintenance team uses best practice approaches to process & product engineering, scientific injection moulding, asset management & equipment reliability.
- Lead Quality focussed organisation with competencies in Quality engineering, Metrology, Validation & Microbiology to ensure cGMP compliance culture is sustained.
- Lead EHS programmes supporting AIM (Ascension improvement model) to create a behavioural safety culture site-wide.
- Create a positive employee relations environment through proactive communications with all stakeholders.
- Liaise with company & corporate to ensure all financial controls & reporting requirements are met.
- Implementation of company policies, regulatory inspection requirements & adherence to all Corporate EHS and cGMP policies.
- Other tasks deemed necessary to satisfy business requirements.
- Level 8 or 9 Engineering/Science degree in appropriate discipline.
- Level 9 postgrad in business or MBA preferable.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in Manufacturing Management preferably in the plastics/ healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of Lean continuous improvement techniques including statistics & DOE.
- Exceptional organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focussed, motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed & results driven leader.
- Knowledge of Lean continuous improvement techniques .
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!