- Reference: GJ43677 fg
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Galway City
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
General Ledger Accountant required on a long term contract basis for major Galway based company.
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Financial Reports, Annual Financial Statements and any other internal or external reports required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Develop new and streamline existing processes and systems as required to ensure more efficient delivery of value add information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an effective team player who will drive efficiency and continuous improvement throughout the department
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner:
- Preparation, analysis and posting of journals at month end;
- Preparation and analysis of balance sheet reconciliations at month end;
- Calculation, posting and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured;
- Review and reconciliation of inter-company accounts, involving communication with other business locations worldwide;
- Preparation of multi-currency bank reconciliations;
- Preparation of variance analysis and standard cost updates as required;
- Provide cost information to management and other departments as required.
- Accounting Qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Third Level Degree or equivalent
- 0 – 5 years relevant experience – preferably with Shared Service Centre and multinational corporation background
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable
- Strong computer skills especially MS Office
- Fluency in a European language an advantage
view salary guide
It won’t be long now until we start reading articles in the national newspapers about Irish people returning home from abroad for Christmas. The emotional scenes are well documented every year as emigrants and their families reunite at airports. For some, it’s been a couple of years since they last saw each other in person. […]read whole article
December isn’t just a time for Christmas shopping, it is also the best time of year to shop around for a new job. You might think that December is a quiet month for companies while they focus on year-end activities, but thankfully the need for hiring doesn’t stop in the build up to Christmas. People […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more