- Reference: SJ43676
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Longford, Sligo
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Our client, an expanding family-owned business in the North West, is seeking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to further grow the business. This is an exciting and challenging role for the right individual.
The Financial Controller is accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary company and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a successful company or division of a large corporation.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance or ACA / FCA, CIMA or CPA designations.
- Flexibility to travel to UK/ Europe is necessary.
For further information on this role please contact Niamh Cregg on 071-9142411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!