- Reference: 44433
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Roscommon, Westmeath
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
This is an exciting role to join an FMCG company in the Midlands. Working with the CEO you will be assisting not only with providing your accounting and commercial expertise, but in helping them grow and build the company. The role will encompass all areas of Financial/Commercial management from producing accounts, profitability analysis, operations variance analysis, to forecasting, budgeting and specific project work. You will be expected to advise the management on key financial performance areas as well as providing genuine commercial direction. Strong commercial acumen and the ability to deal with non-finance people will be essential to succeed in this role.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Provide leadership to drive performance
- Manage preparation and analysis of weekly/monthly financial statements
- Manage completion of month end procedures incorporating reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Supporting the Management team through profitability analysis at an individual customer level
- Working closely with operations to understand performance and identify potential improvements
- Work closely with the commercial/sales team to ensure correct pricing of deals
- Generate management reports as required
- Monitor and reconcile budgets
- Provide financial support in the preparation of proposals and budgets
- Manage accruals, prepayments, depreciation, bank reconciliations & VAT reporting
- Manage preparation of year end files for statutory audit for assigned entities
- Monitor and advise on the profitability of the company
- Participate on ad hoc projects
- Ensure all finance related IT systems are properly used and implemented
Background & Experience
- Experience of managing the Finance Function.
- Commercially minded with experience business partnering the commercial/sales function
- Comfortable working in a fast moving business
- Driven, resilient and hard working with a desire to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong self-starter with a track record of achieving and delivering
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including excellent Excel experience (Advanced User) – Experience in Emydex production systems/Opera III
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Donie Shine – email@example.com or call 0906478104.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!