- Reference: GJ43828
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Financial Controller required with previous experience in construction industry with strong people management experience. Galway city.
- Management of the finance function and overseeing the finance team.
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes.
- Preparation of Monthly Consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet
- Provide insightful analysis and commentary on the businesses operating results supported with appropriate metrics.
- Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports.
- Management of monthly cash flow projections for sub-contractor and overhead payments.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Overseeing the Payroll process.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- To communicate with Management and Directors of the company on a daily basis.
- To perform additional ad hoc tasks as required by the Company. The duties listed are not exhaustive.
- Fully qualifiedACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous financial controller and management reporting experience
- Construction experience – knowledge of materials, suppliers credit terms, RCT interrogation and comprehension of Quantity Surveyors monthly valuations reporting etc.
- Management – management qualification /management experience. Participation on management team, key function and experience in managing people, monitoring performance, setting targets etc.
- Managing / delivering high quality operational data frequently.
- General – assertive, good interpersonal skills, good presentation.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Noeleen Stewart on email email@example.com