- Reference: SJ43645
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cavan, Fermanagh, Leitrim
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Our client based in Cavan requires a Financial Controller for their expanding business. This position represents an exciting opportunity for a commercially focused individual. Working closely with the General Manager, the Financial Controller will have ultimate responsibility for all accounting functions and will be responsible for supporting the continuous improvement in business performance, financial control, management information analysis and reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full responsibility for the accounting function, including preparation of management accounts, accounts receivable billing and accounts payable.
- Preparation and review of accurate and timely monthly management accounts and cash flow statements
- Preparation of a Management Reporting Pack with full analysis and commentary on performance for the executive management team, board and relevant stakeholders
- Overall responsibility for accounting processes within the business to ensure accurate accounting information is available on a weekly and monthly basis
- Compilation of quarterly and annual budgets and forecasts
- Leading and developing a local finance team
- Responsible for annual audit as well as liaising with auditors, tax authorities and other regulatory bodies as necessary
- Assessment and maintenance of all accounting and internal control procedures
- Ensuring debtor collection is maximised and credit authorisation procedures are robust
- Managing all cash levels and security of monies in all Point of Sale outlets
- Management of the Purchase Order system and Accounts Payable function
- Management of the Accounts Payable function
- Ad-hoc project s will be ongoing, including systems developments and ad-hoc project work during an upcoming period of domestic and international growth
Competencies and Experience:
- ACA, ICAI, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification
- 3+ years’ experience as a Financial Controller or equivalent senior role
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with people.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – a naturally enquiring approach
- High degree of computer literacy. Experience of Opera and Delphi systems preferable
- Highly motivated, self-starter willing to meet strict deadlines and time constraints.
- Experience in managing a small team and motivating line management.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!